Who requests or arranges for the certificate?

The mortgagee (entity / bank which lends) usually requires certification of insurance from the insurer or the insurer’s agent before proceeding to register a bond and provide finance for a particular owner. The bank may also seek certification or confirmation of cover periodically over the duration of the mortgage loan. The certificate is usually requested by the banks attorney on behalf of the bank / lender when first registering the bond and the bank / lender itself periodically thereafter.